I know it has been entirely too long since I have blogged here. A LOT has happened. I gave birth to my wonderful son, Despin Tristen Keith Allen (I am working on a post of his birth story and how hes doing since) And I moved to NC with my husband. Actually I moved first then had the baby. But anyway, there will be a time and place for updates about me, and this is not it. :)
Right now, I am here to share a wonderful recipe, a favorite in my house. I am blogging this recipe for the wonderful moms in a Facebook group I am a part of.
Here goes :) pictures included!
Seafood Alfredo Deluxe: An Original Leann Allen Recipe
Ingredients:
- Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter salted
- 4-6 oz of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz half and half
- smoked sausage, skinless
- your choice of seafood ( I used medium shrimp and imitation crab, in the past I have included lobster and scallops too)
- your choice of spices, the ones I use will be in a picture below
1. I start with three pans, on the right a large pan of boiling water. Start boiling the water. I never go above a leval 6 on my nice pans for heat to keep them in good shape.
The front left pan will be for your sausage and seafood, and the back left pan for your sauce.
2. Add your cream cheese and butter to the sauce pan. You can cut up the cream cheese first to ensure better melting. I got lazy so I skipped this step. Just takes a little longer to melt. This pan should be on a heat level one or two notches above medium ( a 6 for me ) stir this pot occasionally while you work on the next steps.
3. My shrimp was frozen, So I am thawing it in hot water. Then I will pull off the tails and add to the meat pan.
4. Cut up your smoked sausage links into small round pieces ( or really into any kind of pieces you want! ) My sausage is a little messed up in the picture because I accidentally bought it with the skin on instead of skinless. Skinless works much better for this recipe.
5. Add your sausage, shrimp, and crab meat ( or any other seafood ) to your meat pan. I add a little olive oil to this to help it cook. dont forget to sample a few bites ;)
Here you can also add veggies if you wish, I like mushrooms on mine but my husband is not a veggie fan, so if I add any I do it separate from the meat.
By now your butter should be melted and your cream cheese will be starting to melt. I chopped up the cream cheese with my mixing spoon at this point to help it melt better.
6. I then add a lid to my meat pan, and let it simmer to cook. You can pretty much leave it alone the rest of the time. stir every once and a while if you want.
This is not part of the current recipe, but if you have kids and want to add a fun twist to your recipe, cut the sausage pieces a little bigger, and stick a ton of noodles (more then shown) through the sausage. Then cook them all together in the boiling water. It looks super funky when it comes out, all wrapped in noodles!! so fun!
7. Your cream cheese should be melting soon, mixing will help the process. It can feel like it takes forever. but it should look similar to this soon.
8. Add your cheese ( warning: do not substitute anything besides shredded Parmesan, unless you like swallowing cheese by the block. Any other cheese makes it wayyyy to thick )
9. Add your half and half, I estimated the amount above, really I don't measure, I just use 3/4th of this container. You can add more if you like your Alfredo more liquidy.
10. Alright! here are the wonderful seasonings I use. The first, kicken chicken, I add to the mean pan. All the rest shown in this picture are added to the sauce pan.
Basil, oregano, herbs de providence, and coriander(warning this is little balls of spicy goodness)
11. Add the greens to the dish! I also add tons of Chives! I just love Chives... so much color to them :)
12. Mix well :) leave sauce to boil, until the noodles are done. this will make it nice and thick and melted!
I also add garlic to the meat pan!
Looking yummy!
Here is the meat pan, cooking along, with the seasonings (kicken chicken and garlic salt) added in. You can add some chili powder too if you like.
13. At this point, your sauce should be good and mixed and your meat should be darker in color and hot! go ahead and add your sauce to the meat pan, and let simmer.
14. Cook noodles. I cook for about 10 minutes. I use about half a box of noodles. you can use more or less without changing the sauce amount. I like my pasta super soft and tender for this recipe.
15. Dont forget to add some salt (any kind) to your noodles, to keep them from sticking to the pan! be generous here.
My baby Despin decided to wake up and help me out with the rest of dinner. He thought he was helping... but really he just wanted to stare at the ceiling lol :)
16. Drain noodles, do not rinse. put back in pan.
17. Mix the sauce meat pan mixture with the noodles, mix well!
And there you have it! A Delicious Alfredo Recipe! I bet you will be wanting seconds!!!
Despin Can't wait to try some himself! He watched me eat the whole meal!
Hope you enjoy :) feel free to comment with any questions!
Merry christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment