Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

50 things to do with kids this summer!

Hello! Welcome to my blog!
This blog will be full of all kinds of posts. From kid activities, to pregnancy moments, to inspiring thoughts, and even art projects. 

First post: Kid post!

 Most of you that are reading this right now are probably friends and family. So you already know, that I do not have kids of my own ( yet ) 
I am expecting a baby on November 3rd, and I am beyond excited. 
If you know me you know how much I love kids, And that working with them is my full time job. Iv been a teacher in daycare, and worked as a nanny (along with countless other child care situations). 

This summer I am nanny-ing for a new family. They have two sweet little children, a four year old boy and a two year old girl. 
While I was trying to figure out what to write about in my first blog post, I was also trying to figure out what I am going to do this summer to keep them (and me) from getting bored. So I thought hey, why not combine the two! 

I have not yet nannied for a family during the summer with kids old enough to play. So I am super excited! I read a bunch of internet lists, and did some Pintrest searching, and then picked out all of my favorite ideas. 

Hopefully We will get to do them all this summer! 

So here you go, our summer bucket list:




 50 things to do with kids this summer!

  • Trip to the zoo (or several dozens)
  • River picnic
  • Park picnic (anywhere picnic!)
  • Frozen yogurt trip 
  • Making home made ice cream
  • Writing our own story, illustrating it and making it into a hardcover book
  • Roasting hot dogs and s'mores in fire pit
  • Making our own mini pizzas
  • Making homemade kids snacks (yogurt dots, Graham crackers, rice krispies, see Pintrest!)
  • Nature walk/scavenger hunt (making an art collage of what we find) 
  • Water balloon fight!
  • Bird watching with binoculars
  • Library trip
  • Planting flowers or tomatoes in posts
  • Pirate day (dressing up, talking like, and exploring like pirates. Treasure hunt included) 
  • Museum Trip
  • Home made chalk and chalk murals
  • Paper boat racing 
  • Making bird houses out of Popsicle sticks
  • Pool trip
  • Painting rocks
  • Painting sidewalk with water
  • Home made popsicle's 
  • Mall trip
  • Bubble day, home made (giant, touchable, colored)
  • Painting/designing white shoes
  • Painting our own canvas
  • Tea party
  • Movie pajama day
  • Charades
  • Trip to movies
  • Decorating cupcakes
  • DIY tie pillows
  • Paper mache 
  • Home made play dough
  • Tie dye shirts
  • Potato sack race -race day
  • Nature hunt with magnifying glasses
  • Go fish day - cards, snacks, and finding Nemo movie
  • Jump rope
  • Disposable camera walk
  • Career day - find out what they want to be and learn about it
  • Face painting
  • Learning our sign language A B C's
  • Lemonade stand at park
  • Learning the 50 states
  • Eye spy
  • Water Blob!!! (see Pintrest, best idea on this list!)
  • Balloon making (baking soda and vinegar) 
  • Pine cone or TP roll bird feeders

There is my list! Hopefully you can take something from it. If you have any questions on the items, or have any cool ideas of your own leave a comment! I love feedback! Also feel free to message me directly. 

Now all that's left to do is wait for this weather to warm up! 

Happy Summer planning!

- Leann Allen 

No comments:

Post a Comment