Hello Friends! I am checking in on a regular Friday night. Currently I am sitting in a Mcdonalds, sipping my caffeine free drink, eating my McNuggets, and staring at the toy I have to finish eating to get....
Just kidding, I didn't get a happy meal...
This time...
I am here, and plan to be for several hours because my husband is working. He works a couple weeks a night at Domino's. Great to have the extra cash, but not so great to be home alone for hours after work. (he has this weekend off and I am sooo excited!)
I used to love being alone, as a teenager I would walk the streets at night, going to parks and listening to my music. I could never sleep, and spent at least 50% of my time alone and I loved it. I had friends and family to hang out with the rest of the time, and I felt like an introvert that charged in my me time.
Now a days its like everything is backwards. I thrive on others energy and I can not stand being alone. Maybe its because I live in a basement apartment. Or because I don't really have people to go and hang with anymore. Maybe the lack of high school drama leaves me too bored!
Whatever it is, I have had to become very creative the past year. Because when you work part time, and your alone a lot there are generally two options.
Option one, become a couch potato and get really fat on ice cream. Waking up with a sore neck and a Netflix hangover.
Option two, get creative and make good use of your time. Do not under any circumstances bring out the ice cream bucket, or login to your Netflix account.
I am doing everything I can to be "option two" as many days of the week as possible :)
I have started a lot of projects this way!
Now that I am pregnant, its even more vital to keep myself entertained, to keep my mind off of the awful pregnancy symptoms. My pregnancy is not a super easy one, but we expected that. There are a lot of health issues that interfere with the flow. We are doing good so far though! Baby is healthy and growing strong.
So that is part of the reason I started this blog. To give my mind a place to wander and my heart a place to thrive. I love writing, and needed to make time for it in my life.
So what have I been up to? what have I been doing to fill up all that extra time? hint: if you guessed working, you would be wrong!
I am teaching myself to sew! I am in love with it. My husband bought me a brand new fancy sewing machine for Christmas this last year.
Sadly I let it sit in the box until last month.
But now that I'v started I never want to stop. I have made a pillow, out of an old coke fabric my husband had. This project only took about ten minutes. It was super simple. The only thing I have not figured out is how "inside out" sew that last seem... hmmm.
I Also made two completely random little purse's out of scrap fabric. Maybe Ill turn them into coin purses and monogram them. Or maybe they will stay random little squares. (this was the first project I tried on the machine so give me a break!)
And this here, is probably what I am most proud of so far. I took a suuuuuper weird polo shirt.
This shirt was not just any polo. It was white, a super soft baby blanket feeling fabric. It had huge bulky white collars. It had EMBROIDERED zoo animals on the front... they all had pretty creepy faces. And... wait for it.... it had shoulder pads. I just died when I found it. It was in a free clothes give away at a church. I rescued it from being thrown out. I mostly saved it for the soft material. I am so glad I did!
With super little previous sewing experience, and just my imagination for a guide, I made this super adorable baby crawler outfit. If I find out I am having a girl, I will definitely add a bow of some sort.
Its not perfect, but its sturdy! I added the collar myself, and made it completely out of the bottom edges of the weird shirt.
Proud mama moment. Made with Love for my baby bear!
That is all I have made so far, but I plan on tackling much more. I am going to make a diaper bag, and a million baby outfits/bibs/booties/blankets. My mom has had to drag me away from the craft section in the store a few times. Its not my fault I gravitate towards the baby girl outfit patterns!
Only a few more weeks till we find out our baby's gender.
as you can tell, I think its a girl. I just have a feeling.
They say moms have super senses right?
I can not wait to find out. So many people have asked me if we would wait for the surprise. No way I say! I have too many adorable outfits to make. Lets face it, as much as we pretend its so much harder to stay gender neutral then they say it is.
Until then I will be avoiding my sewing machine. Unless I find something not baby to sew between now and then. Seriously, I just love sewing. Its so relaxing.
I really hope you guys will support me in this! Please send me comments and ideas for new coloring pages to add! I am also having trouble coming up with a good theme for the book, so I'd love some comments on that!
To close, I will show you the coolest drawing ever. This is when me and my husband visited Pride Rock. Yes I know, we look so touristy, But give us a break it was PRIDE ROCK!
Disney forever<3
Peace and Marshmallows Y'all!
Yours Truly,
-Leann Allen xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment